The Sebastian County Health Department in cooperation with the Fort Smith Public Schools will be offering opportunities for students to receive flu shots this fall. There will be two opportunities for your child to get the vaccine:
1. Friday, October 30 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Sebastian County Health Unit, 3112 South 70th Street in Fort Smith,
2. Or, your child may receive the vaccination at school based on the schedule below.
Please be aware of the following information:
· If you choose for your child to get the vaccination at school, please return forms to your child’s school by Oct. 19.
· If you choose to attend the mass clinic on Oct. 30, keep the forms and take them to
the clinic with you on that day.
· The consent form must have your signature
· The School District FERPA form must be completed, signed and returned if the vaccine is to be received at school.
· The consent form offers you the choice of a flu shot or the flu mist and the choice of whichever is available. If you choose mist and it is not available, you may indicate that you do not want your child to receive the injection in its place.
· No vaccines will be given to any student with incomplete or missing paperwork
· Students will not be restrained for the vaccine. If a student resists the injection, it will not be given.
· There will be no make-up days scheduled for this event at individual schools.
· Both forms (FERPA and Consent) must be returned three weeks prior to the first clinic – October 19.
If you have questions, please contact Student Services at 785-2501.