Click here for BUS ROUTES
BUS RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
Bus transportation is provided as a courtesy service for students living in an established transportation zone. The transportation zone is defined as an area outside a two mile radius from a particular school. Due to time, distance, and availability factors; some areas of the district, that are in a transportation zone, may have limited school bus service.
New and returning bus students should get a passenger registration form from their bus driver (or online). The form should be completed with all the requested information and signed by both the student and the parent. The form should then be returned to the driver in order to complete the passenger registration process.
Bus rules and registration in Microsoft Word format.
Students are expected to conduct themselves properly while riding on a school bus. Transportation privileges may be revoked or suspended if a student becomes uncooperative, unruly / distracting, or disrespectful towards any school employee or another student. Also, it should be noted that all school rules apply to the school buses, as well. Following the rules listed below will help ensure your continued service and contribute to a safe, pleasant ride to school and back home.
FSPS SCHOOL BUS RULES
1. Students are to comply with the authority of the driver. They are not to argue or be disrespectful in any way; students are to be in their assigned seat and remain seated while the bus is in motion
2. Students are not to make any type of distracting noises. Shouting, loud talking, loud laughing, and the playing of band instruments on the bus is not allowed. Radios or other electronic devices are not allowed to be played, unless headphones are used and permission has been given from the driver. Cell phones must be turned off or the ring on silent. Calls may not be placed nor taken while on the bus, however texting may be allowed if it is kept to the individual and is not disruptive to the driver or other passengers.
3. Food, candy, drinks, or tobacco products are not allowed on the bus or at the bus stop. Do not litter, harass, trespass, vandalize or damage any property (including the bus) while on the bus or at the bus stop. Bus stops may be moved or eliminated, at any time, especially if severe or frequent problem should occur at that stop.
4. Students should load and ride in an orderly manner. Specifically, do not shove, shout, push, fight, spit, litter, throw objects, use obscene language or inappropriate gestures; keep arms, hands, head, inside the bus at all times. Do not enter or exit the bus through the emergency exits unless there is an actual emergency or unless you are directed to do so by the driver
5. Passengers that interfere with the safe and orderly operation of the bus will have their transportation privileges suspended. Depending on the severity of the infraction, warnings may or may not be given. If requested by the driver or aide, students are to give their correct name or produce their ID card. Students must ride only their assigned bus. Guest riders may be allowed, but must have a parent note in order to ride home with a registered passenger. The bus driver has the discretion to approve or deny any guest passenger privileges for any reason. It is recommended that guest passengers obtain driver permission in advance.
6. Students should be at their bus stop at least ten minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Students should stand back at least 10 feet from the curb / stop and should not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop. The driver will open the door and signal the students to enter when appropriate. Do not chase a bus if you missed a pick up, the driver cannot make a special stop once the doors have been closed and the bus is moving.
7. After exiting the bus, the students should remain visible to the driver as they cross the street or walk away from the bus. If a student needs to cross the street, they should go to a point at least ten feet in front of the bus and wait for the driver to signal them to cross. Students should not cross behind the bus nor walk along the side of the bus, it is very dangerous. If an object is dropped in front of, under, or behind the bus; do not attempt to retrieve the object. Signal the driver about the problem, wait for the bus to leave, and wait until traffic is clear before getting the object.
Never crawl under the bus or bend down in front of the bus, for any reason.
For the most part, a driver has the same authority over bus passengers that a teacher has over students in the classroom. It is expected that students will behave the same or better than they do in the classroom due to the safety issues in transporting children. The driver will review these general rules, along with any additional rules, specific to that bus, with the passengers.
You may contact the FSPS Transportation Department at 785-2501 ext 1346 or 1356 if you have any questions or concerns.
Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable school year.