Greetings Barling families,
I am very excited to be your new principal. I am looking forward to meeting you and having a great 2012-2013 school year. A favorite quote of mine is "Reading is the magic key to take you where you want to be" by Alice Joyce Davidson.
Carl Hill, Principal
Our theme for this year is “A Wave Of Change.”
Fort Smith Public Schools Mission Statement:
The mission of the Fort Smith Public Schools is to insure academic and personal success for each student-- today and in the future.
Barling Mission Statement:
The mission of Barling Elementary is to provide a safe, nurturing environment where good citizens are prepared to reach excellence now and in the future.
Barling Elementary is a place where:
1. Children use critical thinking skills, decision-making, and technology to enhance their learning experience and prepare for the future.
2. The staff cooperates and collaborates to meet the needs of students.
3. Good citizenship is taught, modeled and encouraged.
4. The curriculum is challenging and relevant so that every child can succeed in an active learning environment.
Barling Elementary faculty believes:
1. Everyone will be provided a safe, positive, respectful, challenging, and nurturing environment.
2. Every child will be valued as an integral part of this school.
3. All children will receive instruction according to their ability level and learning styles.
4. Family and community will be encouraged to be active partners in each child's education.
5. Children and staff will achieve by being life-long learners.
Our school is committed to striving for excellence- today and in the future!
The colors are red and white.
The school mascot is the Bobcat.