While we are part of the Fort Smith Public School system, Barling is a community of over 4,000 people to the east of Fort Smith. We have the best of both worlds- belonging to a great school system and being part of a small, supportive community.
Our PTA is very supportive and involved in our school. Each year the PTA works on a project to improve our school. Listed below are some of the ways that the PTA has helped our school:
- Raising money for playground equipment.
- Providing money to match district funds for an awning for the children to stand under when arriving to school and being picked up.
- Providing money to match district funds giving 2 computers for each regular classroom for the children to use.
- Providing money for field trips.
- Providing ELMO’s (technology) for 3 of the classrooms.
- Providing shelves for the classrooms.
Parents can help support our school by joining the PTA, volunteering, being a Reading Buddy or Watch Dog Dads. The more involved our parents are the more successful our children can be.
Carol Davis President
Dee Bawiec Vice President
Edie Biggs Secretary
Linda Wood Treasurer
Leslie Salisbury Membership
This School is accredited by the North Central Association and the Arkansas Department of Education.
Click here for supplies lists.