While we are part of the Fort Smith Public School system, Barling is a community of over 4,000 people to the east of Fort Smith. We have the best of both worlds- belonging to a great school system and being part of a small, supportive community.
Our PTA is very supportive and involved in our school. Each year the PTA works on a project to improve our school. Listed below are some of the ways that the PTA has helped our school:
- Raised money for playground equipment.
- Provided money to match district funds for an awning for the children to stand under when arriving to school and being picked up.
- Provided money to match district funds giving 2 computers for each regular classroom for the children to use.
- Provided money for field trips.
- Provided some funds for outdoor classroom.
- Provided shelves for the classrooms.
Parents can help support our school by joining the PTA, volunteering, being a Reading Buddy or Watch Dog Dads. The more involved our parents are the more successful our children can be.
Montana Jennings- President
Mary Burton- Vice President
Amanda Coffman- Treasurer
Misty Cates- Secretary
This School is accredited by the North Central Association and the Arkansas Department of Education.