Greetings Barling families,
I am very excited to be your principal. I am looking forward to wonderful achievements for the 2014-2015 school year. A favorite quote of mine is "Reading is the magic key to take you where you want to be" by Alice Joyce Davidson. Barling is a great community filled with amazing students, staff, and parents.
Carl Hill, Principal
Our theme for this year is “Engaging our Minds.”
Fort Smith Public Schools Mission Statement:
The mission of the Fort Smith Public Schools is to insure academic and personal success for each student-- today and in the future.
Barling Mission Statement:
The mission of Barling Elementary: "Through engagement and the 'E 10', we will achieve academic and personal success: today and in the future.
Barling Elementary is a place where:
1. Children use critical thinking skills, decision-making, and technology to enhance their learning experience and prepare for the future.
2. The staff cooperates and collaborates to meet the needs of students.
3. Good citizenship is taught, modeled and encouraged.
4. The curriculum is challenging and relevant so that every child can succeed in an active learning environment.
Barling Elementary faculty believes:
1. Everyone will be provided a safe, positive, respectful, challenging, and nurturing environment.
2. Every child will be valued as an integral part of this school.
3. All children will receive instruction according to their ability level and learning styles.
4. Family and community will be encouraged to be active partners in each child's education.
5. Children and staff will achieve by being life-long learners.
Our school is committed to striving for excellence- today and in the future!
The colors are red and white.
The school mascot is the Bobcat.
Teachers click above for DISCIPLINE REFERRAL FORM