Counselors work with students and staff to...
- Helping students in the areas of academic, social/emotional and school related behavioral issues
- Helping create a safe school environment where children can learn
- Working with students on attendance issues
- Coordinating referrals to school based therapist
- Helping design interventions to enhance student success
Counselors help Students by...
- Encouraging positive attitudes at school toward self, family, peers, and community
- Providing individual and group counseling sessions
- Providing classroom guidance lessons
- Providing support during personal crisis
- Providing support to students who have been suspended
- Bringing in outside resources to increase student support services
Why do Parents Contact the School Counselor?
- Academic concerns
- Social or emotional concerns at school
- Family concerns that may have an effect on students at school
- School based therapy referrals
- Parents can call the school counselor at any time for a phone conference or set up a school visit
How does a student see a counselor?
- Self-Referral -- at the counselor's office
- Parent Referral -- online, by phone, or in person
- Administrative Referral
- Teacher or Staff Referral
- Referral by friend(s)
Please see the links on the left side of the page to make an electronic parent referral.
Career Development Facilitator
- Graduation Requirements
- Smart Core Curriculum Requirements
- Arkansas Scholar