Arkansas Career Planning
Each student will use KUDER to create career goals for themselves and to evaluate and monitor their personal progress throughout high school. Activities include completing interest inventories, searching career ideas and colleges, and building resumes. Above is the website and if you have forgotten your password, you can see Mrs. Freeman for that information.
10th Grade: All sophomores will participate in these activities:
1. Spend class time with Mrs. Freeman revisiting the account they created in 8th grade Career Orientation class. Students will redo previous interest inventories, skills assessments, and work values surveys.
2. Research various career options based on their assessment results.
3. Create an academic plan for graduation and post-graduation.
11th Grade: All juniors will participate in these activities:
1. Evaluate progress of graduation and academic goals.
2. Research post-secondary opportunities such as careers, colleges, and scholarships.
3. Participate in job-shadowing opportunities and mentoring when possible.
12th Grade: All seniors will participate in these activities:
1. Build academic resume.
2. Practice letter writing for purposes of getting a job and cover letters.
3. Understand the application process for jobs, colleges, and scholarships.
4. Utilize resources found in research that allows for a successful transition into post-secondary activities.
Interested in a Career in Nursing?
If you are interested in a career in Nursing, check out this website!! You will find valuable information about nursing opportunities and programs in the state of Arkansas.
Click on this link to find out more: http://www.registerednursing.org/state/arkansas/
Occupational Outlook Handbook
This website allows a person to discover earnings, growth, and activities related to over 100 different types of jobs.
Tasseltime has a career section with job searches and various other employment related activities.