Greetings from the Principal:
I want to welcome everyone back to an amazing new school year. My name is Monica Wilhelm and I am very excited to be the principal of Pike Elementary. Our theme this school year is "Team Pike". The excellent staff of Pike Elementary will begin to implement professional learning communities (PLC's) to ensure that ALL students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally each and everyday.
Pike Mission Statement
It is the mission of Albert Pike Elementary School to provide an education that enables ALL our children to become academically, socially, and emotionally proficient. Our commitment is to develop responsible well-rounded learners in a positive, safe, and nurturing environment.
ALL students at Pike will succeed.
Pike Core Beliefs
1. I believe that every attempt should be made to maintain the dignity of both the adult and the student.
2. I believe that students should know that misbehavior results in loss of privileges.
3. I believe that students should be guided and expected to solve the problems they create without making problems for everyone else.
4. I believe that students should be given the opportunity to make decisions and live with the results, whether the consequences are good or bad.
5. I believe that students should have the opportunity to tell their side of the story (due process hearing) when consequences appear to be unfair.
6. I believe that school problems should be handled by school personnel and that criminal activity should be referred to the proper authorities.
7.I believe that there should be a logical connection between misbehavior and resulting consequences.
Monica Wilhelm, Principal
"An individual can make a difference, but a team can make a miracle." Dale Brown
This School is accredited by the North Central Association and the Arkansas Department of Education