*Preschool registration practices will comply with current physical distancing guidelines directed by the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
Parents/Guardians who are interested in enrolling three-year-old or four-year-old children in preschool may pick up a paper-copy preschool registration/application packet at the Parker Center (811 North T). You may schedule an appointment to complete registration by calling the Parker Center (479) 784-8182 ext. 3518. The enrollment packet MUST be completed and brought to the Parker Center (811 North T), by appointment only.
Note: If you are unable to reach the Parker Center by phone, please call (479) 784-8182 ext. 3518 and leave a message with your name and phone number, and your call will be returned.
Parents/Guardians will be notified late July or early August about placement. If a child is not placed in a classroom, he or she will be added to the district preschool waitlist.
Currently, and subject to change, preschool children will begin their traditional learning experience on Monday, August 24, 2020. Preschool hours are from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendance is required each day. The FSPS Preschool Department will follow the Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education Child Care Pandemic Requirements 2020.
Can I register my preschool student online?
Online registration is not available at this time. Families, please complete a paper packet and call to make an appointment to complete registration.
When can I pick up a hard-copy enrollment packet?
Parents and guardians may pick up a hard-copy preschool enrollment packet at the Parker Center (811 North T). The preschool packet must be totally completed and all documents must be available for the Early Childhood Education Department (ECE) to copy. Incomplete packets will NOT be accepted. What are the required documents for preschool registration?
Required Documents include:
- Birth Certificate or Birth Record
- Social Security Card
- Current Immunization Record or appointment card
- Current Physical Exam or appointment card
- Proof of Address: (Utility Bill)
- 30 days of income: Pay Stubs, Income Verification Form or No Income Verification Form (we WILL NOT accept a W-2)
How do I complete registration for my preschool student?
Parents/guardians may call the Parker Center at 479-784-8182 ext: 3518 to schedule a preschool registration appointment. These appointments will be held at the Parker Center (811 North T. Street).
Can I turn my preschool registration packet in at an elementary school?
Elementary Schools will NOT accept preschool packets. ALL Preschool Registration will be at the Parker Center (811 North T Street) by appointment only.
Is there any other information I need to know about preschool registration?
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only one parent/guardian will be allowed to register their child at Parker Center, unless specific paperwork needs to be notarized.
- Incomplete packets will not be accepted, and parents/guardians will be asked to reschedule their appointment to return with appropriate paperwork.
- ECE Staff will wear masks during the registration process.
- To ensure ECE staff safety, parents/guardians temperatures will be taken before entering the Parker Center Early Childhood Education Offices.
- Please DO NOT bring your child(ren) or other family members to preschool registration. If you do, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
I have a question about preschool registration. Who can I connect with?
For questions, call the Parker Center at 479-784-8182 ext: 3518