- The Second Step curriculum is evidence based lessons that teach Empathy, Emotion Management,and Problem Solving that the School Counselors provide to every elementary student in Fort Smith Public Schools.
- Elementary Counselors provide evidence based lessons that teach students emotion management, problem solving, empathy, friendship building, and assertiveness. Along with practice and real world scenarios, these lessons provide the necessary skills to resist bullying.
Junior High/Middle School
- Middle School Counselors teach evidence based lessons on Kindness, Coping Skills, Conflict Resolution, and Anger Management through the Second Step curriculum.
- Jesse Lewis: Choose Love
- Jostens: The Harbor is a curriculum that teaches students how to identify stressors and learn coping strategies to manage stress and anxiety.
Belle Point Alternative School
- Second Step
- Boys Town Social Skills in School
- The Harbor - 5 minute videos and classroom guided discussion questions - Weekly - 2019-2020 topics examples: Technology, Unlocking your Potential, Equity vs Equality, Attitude, Self Worth, Meaningful Conversations, Showing up, Grief, Balance
- Naviance - College, Career, and Life Readiness - 11th grade SEL curriculum example: What makes me unique, My career goals, Extra curricular activities, Challenging myself, My test prep plan, Financial aid options.