FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

  • New Student Registration

    What is the primary way to register my new student? 
    You can register your new student online.

    How long will New Student registration remain open?
    The New Student Registration online registration portal (PowerSchool) will re-open on July 25, 2023 beginning at 8:00 a.m. and will remain open for the remainder of the 2023-24 school year.

    Are enrollment documents required to finalize registration?
    Yes, enrollment documents are required to finalize registration. Registration is not complete until all documents are furnished to the school in your home attendance area.

    Where can I find my student’s school zone?

    Address Search Enter your address and find which school your child will attend.

    What are the enrollment documents needed for new student registration?

    • Birth Certificate
    • Social Security Card
    • Up-to-date Immunization Record
    • Proof of Residency
    • Comprehensive Physical Exam (Kindergarten Only)

    What proof of residence documentation is accepted?

    • One of the following:
      1)  A current utility bill (within 30 days- gas, electric, or water), showing the name and address of the student’s legal guardian within the attendance zone of the school to attend. If this is provided, no other documentation is needed.
      2)  A home purchase contract including a specific closing date with a copy of the deed to be provided within 90 days.
      3)  Home visit to the address for verification by a designated school official.
    • Families living in a situation where these documents are in another person's name will need to provide a signed written statement from the residence provider attesting to the family living at the address along with a utility bill in the owner’s name and a copy of their ID. The letter will need to be provided to the Student Services’ office by the parent/guardian, along with their ID, where a Resident Statement affidavit can be signed and notarized for the parent/guardian swearing to the claimed living address. Any student qualifying for McKinney-Vento homeless benefits will receive those benefits as outlined by federal law.
    • An approved School Choice application/letter.
    • Documentation of an approved transfer within the district – class size or attendance area exception.
    • Documentation of approved legal transfers between the resident and the receiving district.
    • An independent investigation may be made to confirm or deny the verification of any claimed address when seen as needed by school administration.

    What Immunization Records are required?

    Immunization Information

    How do I register my student(s) without internet services at home?
    Families who do not have internet services or devices at home will have the opportunity to use an alternative registration process that is both safe and fair. These families are invited to contact the school in their home attendance area to discuss other options for enrollment.
    --Enrollments are time and date stamped to maintain the registration order. Completed registrations will retain a registration rank order. This is important if class-sizing becomes necessary.
    --For questions regarding enrollment, please contact your home area attendance school from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.

    Is there a limit to the number of students who can be enrolled in a class?
    Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) class-size standards limit the number of children in a classroom for each teacher based on the grade-level of students. Kindergarten classrooms are limited to 20 or fewer students. Classrooms of students in Grades 1-3 are limited to 25 students. Classes of students in Grades 4-6 are limited to 28. Because of this, we ask that you promptly and accurately fill out this registration information.

    I have a question about new student registration. Who can I connect with? 
    If you have questions about kindergarten or new student registration, please call the school in your attendance area or Student Services at 479-785-2501.