• Unlocking Potential, Building Bright Futures:

    Choose Fort Smith Public Schools for Your Child's Educational Journey

    Enrolling your child at Fort Smith Public Schools is a transformative decision that goes beyond the classroom. With a commitment to academic excellence, state-of-the-art facilities, and diverse extracurricular activities, Fort Smith Public Schools provides an environment where students learn and thrive. Our dedicated educators, safe and inclusive atmosphere, and proven track record of success make us the ideal choice for parents who understand that a well-rounded education is the foundation for a successful and fulfilling future. Enrolling your students at Fort Smith Public Schools is an investment in their future success that you won't regret. 

    fsps high school students

  • What enrollment documents are needed for new student registration?

    Posted by:
    • Birth Certificate
    • Social Security Card
    • Up-to-date Immunization Record
    • Proof of Residency
    • Comprehensive Physical Exam (Kindergarten Only)
    Comments (-1)
  • Are enrollment documents required to finalize registration?

    Posted by:

    Yes, enrollment documents are required to finalize registration. Registration is incomplete until all documents are furnished to the school in your home attendance area.

    Comments (-1)
  • Where can I find my student’s school zone?

    Posted by:

    Enter your address to determine which school your child will attend.

    Comments (-1)
  • What proof of residence documentation is accepted?

    Posted by:
    • One of the following:
    • 1) A current utility bill (within 30 days- gas, electric, or water) showing the name and address of the student's legal guardian within the attendance zone of the school to attend. If provided, no other documentation is needed.
    • 2) A home purchase contract with a specific closing date and a copy of the deed to be provided within 90 days.
    • 3) Home visit to the address for a designated school official verification.
    • Families living in a situation where these documents are in another person's name will need to provide a signed written statement from the residence provider attesting to the family living at the address, along with a utility bill in the owner's name and a copy of their ID. The letter will need to be provided to the Student Services office by the parent/guardian, along with their ID, where a Resident Statement affidavit can be signed and notarized for the parent/guardian swearing to the claimed living address. Any student qualifying for McKinney-Vento homeless benefits will receive those benefits as outlined by federal law.
    • An approved School Choice application/letter.
    • Documentation of an approved transfer within the district – class size or attendance area exception.
    • Documentation of approved legal transfers between the resident and the receiving district.
    • An independent investigation may be made to confirm or deny the verification of any claimed address when seen as needed by school administration.
    Comments (-1)
  • What Immunization Records are required?

    Posted by:

    Immunization Information


    Comments (-1)