MISSION STATEMENT, VISION
STATEMENT AND CORE BELIEFS
FORT SMITH SCHOOL DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
Fort Smith Public Schools, a premier district where innovation creates excellence, is dedicated to providing an equitable, challenging educational experience by engaging families and community partners as we prepare students to embrace their roles in our culturally diverse community and rapidly changing world.
HOWARD ELEMENTARY MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of Howard Elementary School is to empower ALL students with the knowledge to be successful, responsible, citizens.
HOWARD ELEMENTARY VISION STATEMENT
The Vision of Howard Elementary School is to create an environment of risk free learning for all students and staff. We envision a respectful school where individuality is celebrated and cultural awareness is supported by all stakeholders. Our goal is to grow a community of learners who meet challenges with competence and integrity.
HOWARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CORE BELIEFS
(CORE BELIEFS FOR STUDENTS)
At Howard Elementary School, we believe that students learn best when:
- they are in a safe environment.
- they have opportunities to engage in creative learning activities and diverse experiences.
- they are challenged to set high goals, reflect, and assess their progress in achieving those goals.
- the assessments by the school are designed not only to measure current levels of achievement, but also to establish new goals.
- the entire community fully supports their learning in all regards: academic, personal, social, and emotional.
(CORE BELIEFS FOR Teachers)
At Howard Elementary School, we believe teachers exhibit professional maturity by:
- Focusing on student learning and being dedicated to our vision
- Having personal and professional integrity
- Utilizing individual’s strengths and demonstrating teamwork through collaboration
- Challenging ourselves to become more and better through self-reflection
- Being the kind of teachers who are not only positive role models-but those who have a sense of caring as if each child is our own.
HOWARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CREED
I am a lifelong learner at Howard Elementary School.
I am a unique and wonderful person.
This day I will do my best to be a valuable member of the Howard School Team.
I have high goals and high expectations for my life.
I am responsible for my own actions.
I do not have the right to interfere with the learning and well being of others.
I will learn. I will succeed because I am important.