Albert Pike School House
  • The current Albert Pike Elementary School was built in 1952. The latest renovation and addition was completed in January of 2009. It added eight new classrooms, a new cafeteria, and new office facilities. In addition, the existing facilities were upgraded and all new heating and air conditioning units were installed.

     

    The namesake of the school, Albert Pike, was a local educator and celebrity. The original one room log cabin that Albert Pike taught in is currently on the grounds of the Crawford County Court House.

    We currently have 21 classroom teachers, 1 self-contained teacher, 2 Pre-school teachers, 1 Media Specialist, 3 full-time interventionists, 1 half-time interventionists, 1 full-time counselor, 2 itinerant counselors, 1 full-time and 1 part-time inclusion teacher, and 2 administrators.  Specialty area teachers work with our students in Physical Education, Music, Art, and Gifted & Talented Education.