August 7, 2020
August 5, 2020
August 3, 2020
July 31, 2020 Cheer and Dance Update
Cheer and Dance Updates for Arkansas!
Per the governor and our state health department, participants are currently required to wear face coverings when not actively participating or when maintaining a consistent distance of 6 feet or more is not achievable.
In an attempt to decrease the spread of COVID-19, the Arkansas Activities Association and Varsity Spirit would like to encourage the use of face coverings with cheer and dance.
• All athletes/coaches should wear face coverings when possible unless medically prohibited.
• All athletes/coaches should wear face coverings when 6 feet distance cannot be maintained
• If face coverings are removed during high-intensity exercise, athletes should be spaced more than 6 feet apart
• Per the governor and AAA, stunting/partnering is permitted effective Monday, August 3rd
• Spotters are allowed during weight lifting
• Spotters are allowed for tumbling
• Designate spots for athletes’ backpacks so social distancing is maintained during water breaks
• Assign props (poms, signs, etc.) to specific athletes
• Disinfect shared props after each athlete’s use
• Practice outdoors when possible
The AAA and Varsity Spirit highly value the dedication and efforts made by coaches to serve as community leaders. Let’s embrace the new normal and all do our part to combat the spread of COVID-19 in Arkansas!
July 31, 2020
July 31, 2020
July 28, 2020
April 8, 2020