Northside High School is a community that provides equitable opportunities for lifelong learning which equips, encourages, and empowers all individuals to reach their full potential.
In order to achieve the mission of our school, we envision a staff that functions as a Professional Learning Community and strives for excellence in all aspects through:
- Collaborative teams as the fundamental structure of the school.
- Commitment to preparing students to understand, contribute, and succeed in a changing society.
- Inspiring and building relationships with students, and understanding all of our diversities to meet the needs of every student.
- Providing deep and creative learning experiences to all learners.
- Being a leader in the district and state by holding our students accountable to higher standards.
"Whatever it Takes"
At Northside, all faculty and staff embody a:
- Passon for students, learning, and their discipline.
- Commitment to high achievement and expectations for all persons on the campus.
- Courageous attitude to embrace change.
- Supportive, welcoming environment.
- Dedication to ensure students have a viable plan after graduation.
- Mentality of being a team player who works with staff, students, and parents.
At Northside, all teachers exemplify the following instructional practices:
- Teaching the essential learnings of our agreed-upon curriculum, unit by unit.
- Developing and implementing local common formative assessments to monitor each students' learning.
- Being well-prepared, frequently assessing student learning, and monitoring and adjusting plans based on student proficiency.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating instructional plans aligned to our smart goals to target specific areas in need of improvement.
At Northside, we continue to utilize and refine individual and small group instructional programs (WIN and others), to provide additional learning time for all students.
At Northside, we engage in meaningful staff development to enhance our professional skills.
At Northside, we commit to uphold the policies and procedures of the school.