- Peak Innovation Center
Peak Innovation Center Groundbreaking Planned for December 7
The Peak Innovation Center in partnership with Fort Smith Public Schools and the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith, will host a Groundbreaking Ceremony at 3:30 PM on Monday, December 7, at 5900 Painter Lane in Fort Smith. The event will take place outside and masks will be required.
Fort Smith and Barling citizens ensured the development of this key component of the Fort Smith Public Schools’ Vision 2023 Strategic Plan when they passed a millage increase in 2018. Because of community support, the Peak Innovation Center will deliver cutting-edge career and technology education for high school students across 22 regional school districts, as well as district-specific visual arts programming.
At Peak, students will take a hands-on approach to learn in a multi-million dollar facility designed specifically for career-focused curriculum and programming taught by University of Arkansas – Fort Smith faculty as an extension of the Western Arkansas Technical Center.
Programming will provide students access to state-of-the-art equipment and industry exposure. Students will receive a direct connection to career opportunities in Western Arkansas, and those who successfully complete these courses have the ability to earn a competitive salary upon high school graduation and will be better prepared to thrive in college.
Student-Centered. Career-Focused. Community-Supported
Peak Innovation Center At a Glance
- Location: Zero Street and Painter Lane in Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Facility Size: 160,000 square feet with 17 acres for future expansion
- Phase 1 Learning Space: Approximately 80,000 square feet
- Facility/Equipment Investment: $20,000,000
- Facility Partner: Fort Smith Public Schools
- Academic Partner: University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
- Phase 1 Programs: Advanced Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Healthcare Sciences
- School Districts Served: Alma, Arkansas Connections Academy, Arkansas Virtual Academy, Booneville, Cedarville, Charleston, County Line, Fort Smith Public Schools, Future School of Fort Smith, Greenwood, Hackett, Johnson County, Westside, Lavaca, Magazine, Mansfield, Mountainburg, Mulberry/Pleasant View, Ozark, Paris, Scranton and Van Buren
- Opening: August 2021